WDM1800 Wavelength division multiplexing
The WDM1800 Wavelength Division Multiplexing Multi-Service Platform is designed to deliver a number of client data services by multiplexing/demultiplexing several different wavelengths into/from an optical fiber. The WDM1800 platform provides up to 15 universal plug-in slots for mounting different modules, including Transponder, Muxponder, WDM Mux/Demux filters, Optical Link Protection (OLP) modules and amplifier modules. Compact, modular and cost –effective design of the WDM1800 platform makes it easier to select suitable modules for current needs and upgradable for future requirements. With two shelf sizes and universal pluggable slots, an initial network can be deployed with low first-in cost. Future in-service network expansion is as simple as adding and configuring new modules to realize cost-effective and pay-as-you-grow advantages.
In-service passive performance monitoring on each client data and modular redundancy, enabled when dual controller modules and dual power modules are installed in the chassis, make the WDM1800 an excellent fit for mission critical applications.
The WDM1800 supports local control and diagnostics by using a VT-100 terminal connected to the console port, and Ethernet and SFP ports for Web, Telnet, SSH, and SNMP v1/v3 management as well. Furthermore, optional Optical Supervisory Channel (OSC) can be accessed via Transponder and/or Muxponder moduleconnection for remote management.
- Full frontal access (ETSI) Shelf
- Two rack-mountable chassis types:
- CHA-5U :
- Dual controller modules, dual power modules for redundancy
- Support console (RS232/USB) and Ethernet (RJ45/SFP) for local and remote management
- Support Web, Telnet, SSH, and SNMP v1/v3 management
- Compatible with SNMP-based GUI network management systems and supported by CXR iNET and CXR iNMS
- Plug-in Module Types (all are hot-pluggable)
- Hardened - Extended temperature range: -5 ~ + 65°C