CIP-401 is a dial-up and modem converter to IP aimed at replacing the legacy communications over the plain old telephone system by an IP packet network to maintain the operation of remote equipment
The dial-up telephone system is being discontinued by telecoms operators in many countries. In this context, CIP-401 emulates the public switched telephone network and the end-to-end modem communication to enable :
- maintaining remote systems without any modification,
- moving SCADA / control systems to new generation data centers and IP communications,
- securing communication over the IP network through encryption protocols.
There have been so many systems based on modem and PSTN communications : alarm systems, electricity / water and other utility metering, electric substations, large heating systems, automatic distribution (food, drink, ATM, fuel, etc.), billing terminals, medical and pharmaceutical terminals, etc.
CIP-401 embeds :
- An FXS, dial-up network interface that emulates the PSTN network with incomnig and outgoing calls,
- A multimode modem processor that complies to the ITU-T V21 to V34 standards,
- A packet processor that provides AES encryption and IPSec tunnels features.
CIP-401 is a compact product with very low power consumption that is easy to integrate in any environment.
It benefits from a feature rich software with IP v4/v6 stack and many features to ensure best cybersecurity protection to communications and resources.
1- Modem POTS interface
- POTS interface : FXS, 600 Ohms, CTR-21
- incoming and outgoing call control
- DTMF and pulse dialing
- Asynchronous modem compliant to ITU-T standards : V21, V23, V22, V22Bis, V32, V32Bis, V34
2- Ethernet port : 10/100BaseT, RJ45
3- Communications over IP
- Encapsulation of asynchronous data over IP : transparent, bloc, message, HNZ, break
- Encapsulation over UDP or TCP, configurable TLV header
- Authentication and data encryption : AES, OpenVPN, IPSec
4- Other characteristics
- Dimensions : 100x91x44 mm
- Power supply input : 12-24 Vdc
- Typical power consumption : 3.5 W
CIP-401 Modem and POTS to IP converter