The HX9400S is a compact 1U STM1/4 or OC3/12 multiplexer from the CXR product family with full cross-connect capabilities for 8 VC4 of aggregate traffic. This equipment is used to transport TDM/PDH circuits (E1, T1, E3, DS3) as well as Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet and includes the NG SDH/SONET features GFP, VCAT and LCAS protocol.
The HX9400S is equipped with two aggregate STM1/4 or OC3/12 interfaces for Ring, Bus or Point to Point configurations. It supports ADM (Add & Drop Multiplexer) with SNCP protection or TM (Terminal Multiplexer) with MSP (1+1) protection. This equipment is able to cross-connect VC11/VC12/VC3 to VC4.
The HX9400S can deliver E1, T1, E3, DS3, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet tributaries. The factory modular concept provides the following configurations:
48 E1/T1 ou
48 E1/T1 or
16 E1/T1 + 2 E3/T3 or
16 E1/T1+ 6 10/100BaseT or
16 E1/T1+ 2 Gigabit Ethernet or
32 E1/T1+ 3 10/100BaseT+ 1Gigabit Ethernet
The Ethernet Transport card configurations include 3FE, 1GE or 1GE plus 3FE. Depending on the card model this system can provide point-to-point links called E-Line, or multipoint links with layer 2 switch features called E-LAN. Each WAN transporting this Ethernet link runs at n VC12 or n VC3 bandwidth up to 4 VC4. This transport is optimized by NG SDH/SONET utilizing GFP, VCAT modes and LCAS protocols to allocate a dynamic bandwidth distribution.
The HX9400S-1U is used by Telco/ISP’s to distribute Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet or by Transport and Utility networks to deploy a 622Mbps backbone for legacy/TDM/analogue/SCADA or for pure IP video/voice/data with a high level of protection.
Main specifications of the HX9400S-1U are :
- ADM Multiplexer: Add and Drop SDH/SONET STM1/OC3- 155 Mbps and STM4/OC12 -622 Mbps,
- Function: ADM, TM or 2 x TM ,
- Cross connect: VC11, VC12 , VC3 to VC4,
- Tributaries 3 groups
- 4/16 E1/T1 on mother board or Trib group1,
- 16 E1 or 16T1 in Trib 2 and 3 ,
- 1E3 or DS3 in Trib 2 and 3 ,
- 3 x10/100BaseT in Trib 2 and 3,
- 3 x10/100BaseT & 1 Gigabit Ethernet bridge,
- 3 x10/100BaseT & 1 Gigabit Ethernet switch L2,
- Power 1 AC or 2 DC ,
- Optical Modules SFP STM1/OC3 or STM4/OC12 of 2/30/50/60/100 km,
- Ring protection SNCP/UPSR,
- Termination Protection MSP (1+1),
- Administration over DCC channel or out-band via Ethernet,
- Synchronization: internal, external or over line,
- Management system: option of CXR-view or CXR-INMS.